My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 5: Research into Existing TV Commercials for Takeaway Food Delivery Services

I researched existing TV commercials to find conventions of these adverts and how existing commercials successfully attract target audiences and promote a brand's USP effectively. This was to help ensure that my USP is effectively conveyed and my target audience is captured.

Sources used were;
Youtube playlist
Channel 4
Wikipedia


I began my research by analysing 10 food delivery and similar food adverts. This helped to give me conventions for this genre of food adverts. These conventions were the widely used techniques in every aspect of food delivery commercials and therefore I have considered them as conventions.

Conventions of food delivery adverts
My analysis was widespread over 13 components that make up adverts, not all adverts used every component of advertising, yet collectively every box has been addressed.


 

Deliveroo; eat more amazing has conventional techniques of product placement and partnered brand placement throughout the advert. There are a range of locations including restaurants, urban setting and home/kitchen table. This attracts an urban target audience and the location of restaurants shows the cross between takeaway and restaurant food offered by the company. The brand values are amazing and good quality food with a strong sense of choice. There is a title card at the end of the advert, which has the endline, logo, brand name, app purchasing details and website details. The camera shots are a mixture of moving and static shots which follows the food. Birds-eye view is also used. The editing is slow-paced on eating and fast-paced on delivery shots, in a montage form. The sound is all non-diegetic soundtrack with no voiceover or dialogue. The representations created are to appeal to urban professionals (reflection of food in office blocks) and urban people who enjoy good quality good. Their values are that they deliver everywhere and sell high quality food with a range of choice. There is genre hybridity as the reflections of the food in the glass is similar to luxury adverts such as watches, cars and adverts - where glass and mirrors are often used.




Dominoes Delivery; Ferris Bueller copy has conventional techniques of product placement, humour and pastiche. The locations match the original Ferris Bueller movie, using back gardens, roads and suburban areas. The brand values are that it is important, good food, fast and efficient with the use of the tracker app. There is the on-screen text of visual scales used on the app, logo and end line - tying the campaign and message together. The camera shots are mostly a mixture of medium and long shots with a close-up on the app and on the food. The edit is fast-paced, uses the 180-degree rule and contains sweeping and moving shots with match-on-action. There is a soundtrack, voiceover, sound effects and dialogue. This advert is cross-generational as it's entertaining and relatable for younger generations and nostalgic for older generations. Main values are that it's quick, accessible and fun. It is memorable as it uses humour to convey the main message and it also copies a classic movie - making it memorable. It is intertextual to Ferris Bueller's Day Off and adheres to ASA rules as he runs next to the road, not near or in front of the passing car. 


This research was important to my research as it helped to show me existing advert and campaign ideas. It also showed me conventions of the specific genre, helping me to incorporate some of these conventions into my own adverts. Specifically, I will definitely use close-ups of food in my advertising campaign as this is a very strong convention.


No comments:

Post a Comment