My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 16: My Rough Cut

My rough cut was my first edit after my main shoot and before reshoots. This allowed me to highlight weak shots for reshooting, any potential mistakes in my timeline and storyboard and time to rectify this either in the edit suite, or plan for a reshoot.

Advert 1

Can't complete sound, some sound elements missing

My rough cut instantly highlighted a shot that required reshooting. This was the second shot, due to a continuity problem with the papers surrounding the puddle. My rough cut also needed more sound effects as the sound effects used were too sparse. No grading had been completed on my advert at this stage and the music did not exactly fit the time. 

Advert 2

Can't complete sound, some sound elements missing

My rough cut for my second advert also highlighted a shot that needed reshooting. This was shot 11, where the shot was too dark and the app was not in focus properly. My music didn't fit the exact time and the crescendo was in the wrong place. There was also no grading so my advert looked dreary and flat at times, this is unconventional for advertising so would need to change before my real deadline.

Further Actions 

After I completed my rough cuts revealing these problems, I arranged a second shoot to reshoot two shots and recorded more sound effects. I also edited the music so the crescendo was in the correct place and began to grade my final cut to follow advertising conventions.

This was beneficial to my project as it allowed me to see my mistakes with my adverts and this gave me an opportunity to self reflect and rectify my mistakes before I uploaded and submitted my final edit. It also allowed me to plan my reshoot and create my second shoot-board, making it easy to see my mistakes and then create a plan of action to rectify these mistakes and improve my adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment