My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 4: The Target Audience (Males and Females 16-25)

I researched this to find out about my target audience and their preferences and desires. This ensured my TV advertising campaign would be relevant to this audience and would successfully capture their attention and engage them in the advertising.

Sources used were;

The Telegraph
Marketing Weekly Magazine
Survey completed by the target market
good Food Magazine

When advertising to students and the younger generation, you are advertising to a tech-savvy target audience. They are still developing new interests and spending and consumption patterns - making them impressionable and a good audience to try and influence.











There are 1.9 million students aged between 18-25 in the UK and 99% of them own a phone with the main aim of accessing the internet and using apps on the go. Therefore they can easily download a food delivery app and would easily be able to set it up and order from it without any hassle. There is a large demand from this target audience for food delivery and takeaway services. 16-25 year olds are spending more on food than any other age group because they don't have the facilities or knowledge to cook. This age group spends an average of £63.65 a week on food. They spend an average of £19.61 on takeaway and £28.26 eating in cafes or restaurants a week. This demonstrates the demand for the service.

Channel 4 has a broad target audience, shows like Hollyoaks are aired daily and are tailored for a young 16-25 target audience. Therefore at certain times, my target audience and the Channel 4 audience greatly overlap. 

To research this further, we created a questionnaire and sent it to people we knew within the target audience, receiving 41 responses. The original questionnaire is attached below.







The responses from our target audience helped me to understand what the target audience required from a food delivery service, along with information about their food, lifestyle and TV viewing patterns. The results are below:


















 

This research was crucial in my project as it helped to demonstrate the needs and demands of the 16-25 target audience, giving me knowledge of their consumption and spending patterns. This will allow me to appeal to my target audience, allowing me to successfully fulfill the brief. I will take this into account when creating my proposal and my individual advert ideas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment