My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 17: My Adverts Review

I submitted my adverts for review by my teachers and the rest of my class so they would help me to highlight any mistakes I had made or changes I should make. I uploaded my adverts to Youtube when I believed they were as good and final as I could possibly make them and then received feedback and changed my adverts accordingly. This was imperative to my project as I'd looked at my adverts so many times, I was sometimes unable to see mistakes that would be glaringly obvious to other media students. 

Advert 1 Review Notes


This advert received positive feedback and the message and branding were clear and easy to follow. However, there were a few changes to be made. The first was to shorten the shot showing the exchange of food between the delivery driver and girl. This was because it seemed unnaturally long and stagnant. Secondly, I was told to zoom into a few of my long shots to create more variation in my shots and see certain action better. Finally, I was given feedback that a few of my shots were graded incorrectly and therefore looked unnatural, this was changed by changing white-balance, saturation, contrast and red curve levels.

Advert 2 Review Notes


This advert also received positive feedback and the campaign theme was clear. Humour was also created at the correct moments and sustained to create engagement and memorability. However, there were also some weaker points that needed changing. The shot with the delivery man and boy exchanging food was again too long and over-exposed. This was changed by changing brightness, contrast and white-balance levels and the shot was cut down to make it flow more naturally. Also, one of the shots needed zooming in to focus on the action and create shot diversity.

This was very beneficial to my project as it helped to fine tune my advert by using opinions of media savvy people who are the correct target audience and therefore their opinions are vital. Also, it helped me to see weak points with my adverts that I couldn't see by myself and this gave me time to rectify my mistakes before the final deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment