My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 11: My Practice Shoot/Edit

My practice shoot and edit gave a visual template for my real advert and helped me to plan framing, time lengths and performance for my real shoot. It also highlighted initial problems with different shots, locations and timings so that I could make adjustments before for my real shoot to avoid any unnecessary mistakes.

Advert 1


In the first advert, I saw that my room dressing on the last shot would have to be changed as the room looked bland and uninviting. Also, some shots needed to be faster or slower so I could fit my on-screen text and voiceover in the edit. Finally, I realised I needed to add some close-up on action to help the narrative flow and ensure my advert is comprehensible and can be easily decoded by the audience.

Advert 2


In the second advert, I saw that my room dressing on the interview room needed to be more obvious to clearly show the setting as a conference or business room. Also, I saw that the phone shot needed more close-ups so the text would be visible to the audience. Finally, I decided to change the camera angles of my interview scenario so that there would be no background clutter and there would be a clear understanding of the setting.

This was crucial to my further planning and project as a whole as it showed me what my idea would visually look like on screen, giving me a chance to finetune my idea before my first shoot. This practice shoot saved me time in the real shoot and in the edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment