My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Post 7: My Pop Artist

I researched star persona and identity in the media, looking at the distinct pop style and specific artists and how they have carefully formed their identity to promote their music. This then helped me to see how I should shape my own persona, giving me ideas on how to create a successful pop identity to present a unified brand identity and promote my product.

Research









My research allowed me to see how star personas are created and adapted over time to ensure a pop star remains relevant and successful in an ever-evolving and fast-moving market. It also gave me ideas on how to present my own artist; for example, I would like my artist to have links to charities like Selena Gomez does. I would also like my persona to have a distinct street style and consistent dress sense and aesthetic like Ariana Grande does. This will help to produce a unified and consistent brand identity. 

Planning

Initial Ideas Towards my Star Persona

I first brainstormed my initial ideas of the kind of persona I wanted to present to my target audience. These were all aspects that would help to make my persona seem more realistic and create a brand that people can buy into, an identity beyond my song to help create a fanbase beyond the song and music video. The context of my persona is also important in ensuring the persona relates to life before fame. This makes the persona seem genuine and authentic.


My Persona

My persona is called Livvy Lawson. I chose this name as it sounds genuine yet it is also memorable as it is alliterative. 

- She is an up and coming artist who was discovered from YouTube videos and Instagram. Therefore, similarly to Shawn Mendes, I will have active social media pages that appeal to my original audience and embrace my beginnings. These social media pages will give extra content to my fanbase and will be fully converged with my website to increase sales and boost traffic.

My social media; providing extra and behind the scenes content
- Livvy Lawson also has moral values and ideology that she confidently shows to her audience. She will be an ambassador for UNICEF to raise awareness to those less fortunate and to use her platform to bring around social change and influence others as a good role model.



My Star Persona Mind Map

My mind map visually shows my ideas of how I want to present my star. It shows my ideas towards aesthetic, values, beliefs and context.


My Aesthetic

This is my aesthetic for my persona during the studio performance bed. The costume ideas are relevant in fashion, following current trends and creating an aspirational and influential image to convey to my audience. This will present my persona as an influential person who is fashionably aware. This is a conventional trait of the pop star persona that I uncovered in my research of pop identity. 

My makeup will be 'out there' and very confident, another convention of the pop artists' performance costume. 

My aesthetic will use bright and bold colours, with a range of fabrics such as mesh, tights, leather, and shiny vinyl. This is also a convention of performance costume to create an image of excess and luxury.


My research was very useful to me as it allowed me to discover important aspects of star persona and find conventions of pop star persona in aspects such as costume, hair, make-up, ideologies, beliefs, and background. This then allowed me to think about my own persona and tailor it to appeal to my target audience. It also gave me ideas for how to package my artist to appeal to my demographic and also adhere to conventional traits of pop persona to create a clear pop artist and create a singular and united brand identity.

My sources used are:
Wikipedia,
Google Images,
Pinterest, 
Instagram,
UNICEF,
Richard Dyers star identity,
NME.com,
NPR.org,

No comments:

Post a Comment