My Music video


Click here to watch my music video

My Website

My Website
Click here to visit my website

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Post 4: The Pop Music Genre

I researched the genre of pop music to find out more about the type of music I would be producing as an artist. This then allowed me to find out the codes and conventions of the pop genre in both music and music videos.











This research helped me to realise the importance of pop music within the market, why it has relevant for so many years, its' influences and what makes pop music so distinctive and also the codes and conventions of pop music and music videos. This will help me to find an appropriate pop song when choosing my own track; which is upbeat, possibly centered around love and relationships, and formulaic and familiar to the ear. It will also help me to create a conventional pop music video, using intertextuality, fashionable clothing, a presentation of a glamorous lifestyle, and a narrative amplifying the lyrics in my chosen song - ensuring that I adhere to the brief.

My sources for this post are:
Wikipedia
Google images 
Elle
Rolling Stone
Slideshare

No comments:

Post a Comment